Sunday, September 7, 2014

Getting Back On The Water!


With my wife being only about half way through our boat restoration I find myself chomping at the bit ready to get back on the water. Chasing bass, both largemouth and smallmouth is a passion of mine that has been with me since I was 6 years old. So I am rightfully ansy right now.

What have I been doing to keep busy in preparation for the upcoming season? Well like I said earlier, boat restoration. My wife and I bought an 84' Tracker Tournament TX and it was in pretty rough shape. We fished in it last summer and fall and we realized if we wanted to keep fishing out of it we needed to totally redo it.






Now before I go further I need to say that most of what I'm going to tell you about the restoration is my wife's doing. She has done 98% of any and all work and has been amazing at it! To date we have tore everyting out of the hull, removed it from the trailer and began sanding down the old paint on the trailer.







We plan to have the whole thing done by the first weekend in April, so that we can begin chasing the Colorado river system Smallmouth bass record.


St. Thomas Cove, Lake Mead, NV
Telephone Cove, Lake Mohave, NV
Lake Havasu, AZ

Aside from restoration I've been practicing pitching because I've never been good at it and I'm not really good at jig fishing, Texas rigging or really most slow fishing techniques. I'm pretty good a drop shot fishing, but who can't figure that out? So I've been researching slow, bottom fishing techniques for hours a day.

As the restoration continues I will post about it and some other tips I have for Lake Mohave. This blog is called River Lakes Bassin because we fish mainly the lakes on the Colorado River System. My wife and I are a team. We love these lakes. They are so beautiful, clear and great fishing. When we take a break from bass fishing we like to swim, crappie fishing and spearing carp. Lake Mohave is our main lake of choice. I will post about other places we have fished as well. Hope you enjoy reading about our adventures!


My next post we will discuss my top five baits from the 2013 summer.  The baits that I caught most of my fish on.


Good luck on the water!


No comments: