Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Missile Baits Fuse 4.4 Product Review


Fuse 4.4 with claws died chartreuse
 The One Constant Producer of Decent Smallmouth and Largemouth Bass This Summer for me was the Drop Shot Rig and the Missile Baits Fuse 4.4 was the Bait on my hook. Here is why!

Great Representation of the Crawdad

The first thing you will notice when you pull out your Fuse 4.4 to put it on your hook is the two claws hanging off the back. I thought this gave a very realistic look of a small crawfish in the water. Our lakes are very clear on the Colorado River and getting that bait to match the crawfish that the largemouth and smallmouth are feeding on during the mid summer heat is critical and I think Missile Baits hit the nail on the head here.
Drop Shot

Great Subtle Action

Any slight movement of the line or rod tip made these little claws come to life without over doing it. I figure most bait down at the bottom of a lake isn't whipping around under the water violently. They move slowly and keep their claws at the ready for any predator that comes by. To get an even better subtle action I used a VMC Ike Approved Wide Gap Spin-Shot hooks in 3/0 and 2/0. I used 2/0 when I cut some of the bait off at the tail if I decided to downsize on days when the bass could get extra fussy. Another way to bring out the great subtle action of the bait was to flip it around and run the hook through the nose. This way I had both ends wiggling.



The Colors are Awesome

Drop ShotEarly on in the year I was using a 4 inch Luck-E-Strike Finesse Worm in Watermelon Red-Flake to catch bass on my drop shot and was having a good amount of success with that color. After losing them all as will happen to plastics in bass fishing I could no longer find that style of worm. When I discovered the Fuse 4.4 they had watermelon red flake! Since then it has been my go to color on sunny days. Other colors I've used are Green Pumpkin Red and Green Beret. Varying colors throughout the day or on overcast days was key.

The other thing I did with the Fuse 4.4 was died the claws chartreuse. Somedays it worked better than others but it worked especially well for smallmouth on overcast days.

All summer long the Fuse 4.4 put bass in my boat! It's incredibly soft and easy to use. I feel like there is a color for every situation. Let me know if you have used this bait with any success in the comments below!

No comments: